Goji berries, also known as wolf berries, fructose lycii and gougizi, are recognized as one of the top superfoods, as they contain loads of antioxidants, such as vitamins A, C and E, carotenoids, lycopene, lutein and polysaccharides. Antioxidants help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals and play a huge role in warding off heart disease, cancer and the aging process.
Regular foods rich in antioxidants are tomatoes, carrots, oranges and grapefruits, blueberries and strawberries, beans, nuts, apples, red wine, green tea, broccoli, kale, spinach, asparagus, and sweet potatoes. Goji berries though are extra packed in that they also contain a long list of vitamins and minerals including protein and fiber: sugar, protein, fiber, vitamin A, copper, selenium, vitamin B2/riboflavin, iron, vitamin C, potassium, zinc, and thiamine.
Goji Berries are known to and may*:
- promote healthier skin by fight aging by preventing free radicals from damaging collagen in the skin
- improve eye sight
- help prevent cancer growth
- improve blood sugar control
- improve cholesterol levels
- protect the liver and boost energy levels
- help with weight loss
- help improve depression, anxiety and sleep issues
*Some of these views are not medically proven, but if you are not allergic to Goji berries is worth while checking it out on your own body.